Culture & Climate
Louisville Collegiate School’s primary aim is to be the healthiest place for kids to grow up. Foundational to this aspirational goal is our commitment to a culture and climate grounded in transformative relationships, honoring every person’s inherent worth, and our devotion to comprehensive wellness for all in our community.
This approach is nothing new at Collegiate. Throughout history, our faculty and staff have long known and practiced this approach, creating life-changing experiences for our students. What is now exciting in the field of education is that more and more research affirms our long-held philosophy and the importance of intentionally teaching to the whole person. Students are not individual parts taught in silos but entire human beings whose growth in all areas is exponentially enhanced when we teach and engage their whole being—the mind, the body, and the heart.
Whether in our classrooms, fields, or stages, we deliberately consider how students show up as whole human beings. We plan the best ways to create a learning experience that honors their authentic selves and nurtures growth and development in all areas of their lives.
- Center for Spirituality in Education: Teacher’s College, Columbia University
- Awakened Brain Institute
- RULER: Yale Center for Social Emotional Intelligence
- KORU Meditation & Mindfulness: Duke University
- Earth and Spirit Center
- Prevention Solutions: Hazelden Betty Ford
- Faculty and Staff Wellness Summer Institute
- Core Competencies
- Parent/Guardian Wellness Series
- SEL Curriculum in Upper School & 9th Grade Foundations of Wellness
- Pebble Meditation in Lower and Middle Schools
- KORU Meditation
- Co-Edge Course on Purpose, Meaning, and Mindfulness
- Restorative Practices