COMPREHENSIVE, STUDENT-CENTERED AND MATCH DRIVEN
At Collegiate, we help students build their story, not just tell it. Early, deep, and meaningful engagement with students and families leads to a comprehensive understanding of our students’ strengths and interests. As our focus narrows on the college search, selection, and application process, our students find themselves right where they have always been in our program–at the center. We empower our families with rich resources, excellent advice, and sophisticated, data-driven insight into the world of admissions, demystifying it all for our families. The bottom line is that our approach maximizes options and opportunities for our students.
How Colleges Make Decisions
Paying for College 101 with guest Dr. Candice Johnson
A Closer Look at HBCUs: A Panel Discussion
To ED or Not To ED: Understanding Application Strategy
Know Thyself and Know Thy Options
2022 Collegiate COLLEGE Comprehensive
The college counseling team will host the Collegiate College Comprehensive on Sunday, March 27, from 1:00-4:00 p.m. This conference-style event offers students and families the opportunity to hear from industry experts on topics related to college admissions, financial aid, and transitions to college. We are excited to host this in-person event open to all Middle and Upper School families. This event is also open to the public; everyone is welcome.
Sessions will include the following:
- The Business of College Admissions: How Decisions Are Made
- Engaging in College Considerations in Healthy and Mindful Ways
- Accessing University Resources, Both as a Prospective Student and as an Admitted Student
- What Makes a College Application Stand Out?
- Standardized Testing: What, When, and How
- All Things Financial Aid
- Ten Ways Parents Can Support Their Children Through the College Process
- A Look Inside Four College Application Review Processes
- How to Make the Most of College Visits
- Athletic Recruiting: How the Game Gets Played
- Admissions and Programs for Students Interested in the Arts
- College List Building Through a Voyage of Self-Discovery
- Exploring Passions Outside the Classroom
- Trends in Test-Optional Applications
- Student Perspectives on College and Transition: Young Alumni Panel
This year, we are thrilled to welcome the following speakers to the Comprehensive:
Paul Augustus, Director of Athletics, Louisville Collegiate School
Sarah Burns, Senior Assistant Director of Admission, Denison University
Sharon Kinnison, Director of Fine Arts and Performing Arts, Louisville Collegiate School
Danielle Marshall, Author and Consultant at Ashley Roundtree and Associates
Jim McGuire, Associate Head of School, Louisville Collegiate School
Patrick Orr, Senior Assistant Dean of Admission and Financial Aid, Davidson College
Ashley Sanders, Senior Admissions Counselor, University of Chicago
Megan Starling, Associate Director of Admission, Rhodes College
Pamela Toscano, Admission Officer at Harvard Law School, Previously Admissions Counselor at Tufts University, 2015 Graduate of Louisville Collegiate School
Our College Counseling Team will be presenting too!
All Middle and Upper School students and families are encouraged to attend–there is something for everyone! And please share this information with your friends in the community. The Comprehensive is open to the public; everyone is welcome.
Please enter at the Austin Portico Entrance off the Ray Avenue parking lot.